|Rangeley Lakes Snowmobile Club||
|Rangeley Lakes Snowmobile Club||
Rangeley Lakes Snowmobile Club
Sunday, August 7th, 2022 9:00 A.M.
Attendance: Lee Libby, Mary Archer, Jake Beaulieu, John Lewis, Chris Wargo, Mike Koob, Faye
Fukowski, John Merriman, Brian Clarke, Danielle Ellis, Brian Kelley
Meeting Called to Order 9:00 am
Members & Landowners - No one in attendance
● Accept Last Meeting Minutes- Mike Koob - Faye Second
● Smarter Trails -Meeting at 11:00 Monday Morning August 8th
● Lee received the package for the grant for Dec. 1st sent it to Bill Pierce and worked with Steve
Dudley. Moving forward we will be using him. We will be paying Bill Pierce 35/hr to write these
● Mike Koob will stay involved with Grant writing - Lee Libby made the motion - Faye Second
● Lee Spoke with AFM
● Lee would like to sell one of our groomers
Vice President’s Report:
● Mike would like to work on the ITS route so that in oct/sept we can know where they are logging
● Locate any bridge repair, some ATV trail damage to the Bemis track trail that we share.
● Financial Report (Chris Gave report as bookkeeper)
● Boosebuck issue. Joe Higgins said to expect to have to drive to New Hampshire. Be sure to
mention this in the grant.
● Chris passed out a breakdown of both Skowhegan and Franklin Savings Bank accounts. Mike
went and talked to Seth, the new manager at the Rangeley branch. Franklin online gave $200 to
● Franklin was just a groomer account- Some rent payments, Karen’s Payroll,
● Chris Changed everything over to Skowhegan, Payroll, Payroll Taxes etc.
● Received the $13,000 fuel grant
● Danielle & Lee will Look for V&V insurance binder
Trail Master’s Report
● Budget - Chris & Jon
● Budget was created for Groomer Barn, Groomers, Etc.
● Sheet for 2022-2023
● Jake Beaulieu made a motion to accept the proposed Groomer & Trail Maintenance Budget,
Brian Kelley Second the Motion. All In favor
Social Media Committee- Faye Zukowski , William Kelley
● Faye and William met and have deleted all members from the members only page
Trails Committee -Brian Clarke , Teddy Leahy
● Brian Clarke brought out trails signs and marking trails, Matt asked that we could put out the
signs. 16’ wide bridges groomers will fit, Received the book on how to sign trails.
● Jake and Chad removed all the old signs they are at the Barn
● John Durkens from onyx would like to pay for all of the kiosks
● Use PVC to make them less permanent.
● Kiosks should generate income to be able to pay for themselves. Mary will look into
● Brian is going to build the kiosks, Signs will have Map (you are here) Corrugated maps (Use
tamper proof screws) Faye Zukoswki made a motion to start making kiosks, Jake Beaulieu
Second motion - All in Favor
● Need contact with landowners to begin maintenance
Business Sponsorship - Jon Lewis, Chris Wargo, Mary Archer, Lee Libby, Faye Zukowski, Jake
● Mary usually sends a letter about the previous season.
● Jon Lewis recommends adding in some numbers for revenue that the club brings to the
community and their businesses.
Events and Fundraising - Tyler Philbrick, Mary Archer, John Merriman
● Faye recommends we do a trails day event with a BBQ etc.
● Mary approached Crystal about the Halloween party, maybe paying for Tom Ball, Have swag at
● Mary will make a list of all the events and present it in September
● Jake will look into the racing company we have used in the past
● Snodeo needs a refresh, Everyone come back with some good ideas for snodeo
Next Meeting - September 6th - 6:00pm